“Beauty Through Mastery” Serving Miami, Boca Raton, Florida and surrounding areas
Look years younger by correcting wrinkles and folds around the nose and mouth.
Marionette lines are deep wrinkles that tend to stretch from the corners of the mouth down to the bottom of the chin and contribute to an aging appearance of the lower face. These laugh lines or nasolabial folds or marionette lines often give the appearance that we are older than we really are.
Because facial skin is able to stretch, loss of facial volume (primarily caused by loss of facial fat) is inevitable for men and women. Other factors that affects facial wrinkles includes:
- Environmental exposure
Facial injectable fillers are an excellent non-surgical option to temporarily decrease the appearance of marionette lines.
WHAT TYPES OF FILLERS ARE RECOMMENDED AND HOW DO THEY WORK?
There are a variety of fillers used by The Institute of Aesthetic Medicine’s facial rejuvenation specialist. The type of filler recommended is dependent upon your age, the depth of the fold or wrinkle (medium to deep), and your aesthetic rejuvenation goal. These fillers are FDA-approved and are used to fill moderate to deep (severe) wrinkles. Dermal filler products are made from a smooth gel of hyaluronic acid (HA). This acid is a natural occurring substance in your body that delivers nutrients to your skin, which helps retain your skin’s moisture and adds volume.
Below is a summary of the injectable facial fillers that are available to temporarily rejuvenate your face without surgery. The appropriate filler for your facial renewal goals will be recommended.
Juvéderm® products are manufactured to add volume to various areas of the face. In the hands of a skilled injector and cosmetic facial specialist, results are natural-looking. Results last up to 12 to 18 months dependent upon the product and maintenance.*
- Juvéderm® was FDA-approved in 2006 to treat facial wrinkles and folds.
- Juvéderm® XC contains Lidocaine and was FDA-approved in 2010 to correct moderate to severe wrinkles and folds.
- Juvéderm® Voluma XC was FDA-approved in 2013 to correct age-related volume loss in the cheek area.
- Juvéderm® Ultra XC was FDA-approved in 2015 for lip augmentation.
- Juvéderm Volbella® XC was FDA-approved in 2016 for use in lips and perioral rhytids (vertical lip lines).
- Juvéderm Vollure™ XC was approved in 2017 for correction of severe facial wrinkles and folds.
The Restylane® family of products are used to address facial wrinkles and folds. In the hands of a skilled injector results are natural-looking. Results last up to 12 to 18 months dependent upon the product and maintenance.*
- Restylane® & Restylane® L – correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds.
- Restylane® Refyne softens laugh lines and is made with XpresHAn Technology™ which helps maintain natural expressions.
- Restylane® Defyne smooths out deep laugh lines and is made with XpresHAn Technology™ which helps maintain natural expressions.
- Restylane® Silk is FDA-approved for lip augmentation and smoothing wrinkles around the mouth.
To learn how fillers can improve your facial appearance, please call 305.854.8828 to schedule your confidential consultation at our Miami or Boca Raton, FL.
*With optimal treatment. Results may vary.