Filler fatigue is a new buzzword in the aesthetic world. This term describes the potential aging effect of filler treatments. Although many types of injectable fillers are available, they share the common characteristic of requiring repeated treatments. The increasing use of fillers over time can stretch skin and tissue, which means you need more filler. Below are points to discuss with your expert facial physician injector before your next injectable treatment.
Injectable Fillers for Facial Rejuvenation
As you age, fine lines and volume loss begin to appear. Injectable fillers are ideal to restore a youthful appearance. A small amount of filler for fine lines can delay future deeper wrinkles. Yet, too much filler too soon can result in what cosmetic enhancement doctors labeled, filler fatigue, when you are older. It is important that you select a cosmetic facial expert about a long-term anti-aging plan so you select the best non-surgical or surgical options for you.
Customized Facial Rejuvenation Plan
Some factors that are important in developing your facial filler rejuvenation plan include:
- You Are Unique: Lifestyle, heredity and habits all play a role in aging. Thus, your aging issues and goals are different from your friend’s problems. Work with your doctor to customize a plan to meet your appearance goals.
- Different Fillers: While one injectable filler treats fine lines around your mouth, another is best to add volume. It’s important to match the facial area/issue to the correct filler.
- Treatment Frequency: Some people want a “refill” treatment too quickly. Each person’s body absorbs filler material at a different rate. So, work with your doctor to set the right frequency that optimizes your anti-aging appearance.
Combating Facial Filler Fatigue
The increasing use of fillers not only stretches skin and surrounding tissue. Because more filler is needed over time, it can also result in facial imbalance. So, this merry-go-round creates filler fatigue that accelerates aging. Whether excessive fillers or genetics have caused your skin to stretch, there are options to address facial aging.
- Skin Tightening: This minimal invasive treatment can tighten skin loose skin.
- Dissolve hyaluronic fillers: Discuss the option of using an injectable enzyme to dissolve some fillers.
- Surgical Options: Sometimes, surgery is the right way to go. Facial surgery may offer you the best long-term result. Thus, a facelift is often the most cost-effective over time.
An experienced facial physician can help maintain a more youthful appearance without battling filler fatigue. Schedule a consultation today with Dr. James Stuzin to develop the best facial rejuvenation and anti-aging plan for your unique needs.